What are the advantages of using an independent insurance agent for Medicare vs using online resources?
Did you know that when you contact an 800 number in response to a Medicare commercial, you may be unknowingly giving permission to telemarketers to constantly contact you? These telemarketers may not even be licensed agents and their primary objective is to sell their company’s services, regardless of whether it’s the best fit for you or not. On the other hand, if you seek assistance from an independent agent, you can benefit from their ability to compare multiple companies and plans simultaneously.
Independent agents have the expertise to evaluate various carriers and plans and provide you with unbiased advice.
An independent insurance agent will analyze your situation and answer all your questions to help you choose the plan that best suits your needs. Here are the top five reasons to consider working with an independent agent:
- Medicare can be complicated. With so many commercials promoting different plans, it’s essential to research your options and find the plan that’s right for you. What’s good for others may not be the best option for you.
- Medicare regulations and policies change every year. Certified agents are trained to keep up with these changes and can help you understand how they affect you.
- Independent agents work for you, not the insurance company. Their primary objective is to put your needs first and provide you with unbiased recommendations.
- Medigap rates and Part D plans change annually. An independent agent can help you stay informed about these changes and explore your options.
- There is no cost for utilizing the services of an independent insurance agent, and never any obligation to enroll. Whether you decide to sign up for a plan directly with an insurance provider, conduct your own research and enrollment, use an online service, or work with an independent agent, the cost for the plan you choose remains the same. When you choose to work with a dependable agent, you’ll be provided with attentive service from an individual who listens and understands your unique needs, saves you time by researching plan options in your area, and guides you through the enrollment process.